Castor oil is derived from the seeds of castor plant. It is normally called as ‘Arandi’ and it is exceptionally advantageous for skin and hair. Castor oil is known to consist of up to 90% ricin oleic, 4% linoleic, 3% oleic, 1% stearic, and less than 1% linolenic fatty acids. The hydroxyl functionality of RA makes the castor oil a natural polyol providing oxidative stability to the oil, and a relatively high shelf life compared to other oils by preventing peroxide formation.
Castor oil contains Vitamin E, proteins and Omega 6 & 9 that are the key components responsible for good hair and skin. It helps in the reduction of hair fall, pre-mature greying of hair, fights any scalp related problems along with accelerating hair growth. For your skin, be it pigmentation, acne or ageing, castor oil is the solution of it all.
- The essential fatty acids that castor oil contains help in restoring the skin’s natural moisture balance and helps in reducing acne.
- Castor oil also moisturizes and conditions your hair naturally and gives healthy, shiny hair.
- Castor Oil prevents hair fall and also makes the roots stronger.
- Castor oil can be a great natural remedy for wrinkles. It penetrates into the skin and boosts the production of collagen which softens and hydrates the skin.
- It rejuvenates the skin by making it softer and smoother.
- Castor oil acts as a natural humectant locking moisture in the skin specially during the winter season and shields your skin and hair from dust and dry heat.
*the oil is safe for most skin types but one must always do a patch test